Being approachable is key to building relationships with your colleagues, and to creating a strong team in which trust, confidence and ideas can flow. When you're approachable, team members do not sit on or cover up problems. This means that they are able to bring issues to you before they become full-blown crises because they know that you won't react badly.
|© iStockphoto MaggyMeyer / From: Mind Tools|
[…] Approachability is about being accessible, consciously breaking down perceived barriers, having appropriate body language, and using the right verbal communication and listening skills. Take the quiz to find out just how approachable you are, and discover strategies for becoming more approachable in areas that are holding you back.
💡 You may also be interested in the quizzes below:
- How Emotionally Intelligent Are You?
- How Good Is Your Feedback?
- The Holmes and Rahe Stress Scale (from Mind Tools)
- HOW SELF-CONFIDENT ARE YOU? (from Mind Tools)
- Are You a Positive or Negative Thinker? (From Mind Tools)
- The Leadership Motivation Assessment (from Mind Tools)
- FREE PERSONALITY TEST: Which personality type are you?
- How Good Are Your Communication Skills? (from Mind Tools)