Search This Blog
ODD SIGNS FROM ENGLAND - Ambiguity problems
1. IN A LAUNDROMAT: Automatic washing machines. Please remove all your clothes when the light goes out.
2. IN A LONDON DEPARTMENT STORE: Bargain Basement Upstairs.
3. IN AN OFFICE: Would the person who took the step ladder yesterday please bring it back or further steps will be taken.
4. IN ANOTHER OFFICE: After the tea break staff should empty the teapot and stand upside down on the draining board.
5. ON A CHURCH DOOR: This is the gate of Heaven. Enter ye all by this door. (This door is kept locked because of the draft. Please use side entrance)
6. OUTSIDE A SECOND-HAND SHOP: We exchange anything - bicycles, washing machines, etc. Why not bring your wife along and get a wonderful bargain?
7. QUICKSAND WARNING: Quicksand. Any person passing this point will be drowned. By order of the District Council.
8. NOTICE IN A DRY CLEANER’S WINDOW: Anyone leaving their garments here for more than 30 days will be disposed of.
9. IN A HEALTH FOOD SHOP WINDOW: Closed due to illness.
10. SPOTTED IN A SAFARI PARK: Elephants Please Stay in Your Car.
11. SEEN DURING A CONFERENCE: For anyone who has children and doesn't know it, there is a day care on the first floor.
12. NOTICE IN A FIELD: The farmer allows walkers to cross the field for free, but the bull charges.
13. MESSAGE ON A LEAFLET: If you cannot read, this leaflet will tell you how to get lessons.
14. ON A REPAIR SHOP DOOR: We can repair anything (Please knock hard on the door - the bell doesn't work)
15. SPOTTED IN A TOILET IN A LONDON OFFICE BLOCK: Toilet out of order. Please use floor below.
👉 By Emily Torres 👉 READ FULL ARTICLE: Are you being ‘breadcrumbed’ at work? From: BBC Worklife / Credit: Getty Images/iStockpho...
How do you know if you, or someone you know, is an Indigo or Crystal Child or Adult? We will describe the main features and characteristic...
By Georgina Jacobs 🔺 IMPORTANT: This is NOT an advert! This is just my honest (and free) opinion. I've already recommended other...
By ALISON DOYLE (Updated May 25, 2018) F rom The Balance Careers When you go on a job interview there are a variety of different t...
By Georgina Jacobs In English, like in Spanish, a word is a single unit that has full meaning and can stand alone or be part of a lar...
Credit: GETTY IMAGES Here are two excerpts from two reading articles and three videos on burnout : what it is, what its consequences ...
LILY, the caretaker's daughter, was literally run off her feet. Hardly had she brought one gentleman into the little pantry behind...
Do you know your microplastics from your single-use? Test your knowledge in the plastics pollution quiz . From BBC Earth 💡 You may...
Interviewers will sometimes start an interview with an open-ended question like, "Tell me about yourself." The question is a w...
A book released in 2017 claims that Americanisms will have completely absorbed the English language by 2120 - Hephzibah Anderson takes ...