What is an ESP coach?
My job consists in delivering online one-on-one lessons to university students and adults who need to achieve specific short- or medium-term professional or academic goals, such as giving a presentation, going through a recruitment process, writing papers, improving specific language skills, acquiring technical vocabulary, or passing exams. It therefore requires that I tailor teaching methods, contents, and resources completely to serve each student’s purpose.
Additionally, depending on the class objective, it may involve not only teaching but also tutoring and coaching students in test-taking strategies, time management, and effective performance under pressure.
An Overview of my Professional Background
For more than 20 years now, apart from translating and proofreading text, I have been delivering all kinds of English courses, not only as a teacher at academies and companies (KPMG, HSBC Bank, Banco Galicia, Movistar, Telecom, Manpower, etc.) but also as a freelancer.
Some of the things that I have done so far:
- Delivered online courses to students worldwide (since 2003).
- Taught in-company Business English courses in different fields: Consulting, manufacturing, insurance, health, education, IT, retail, etc.
- Prepared students for all types of exams: Cambridge PET, FCE, CAE, CPE, IELTS, BEC; TRINITY, USMLE, GMAT, GRE, and TOEFL, among many others, including exams required to become civil servants in Spain.
- Devised my own verbal test preparation method, which helped more than 600 students to obtain verbal scores higher than required to enter the best MBA programmes in the USA and Europe.
- Administered TOEFL tests as a Certified TOEFL Administrator.
- Recruited, coordinated, and supervised teachers for in-company courses. Assessed teachers' performance and students' progress.
- Coached teachers in class management and teaching methods.
- Devised study programmes and prepared coursework.
- Coordinated and supervised extracurricular English courses.
- Taught group and individual ESL courses to students at all levels.
- Worked as a Teaching Assistant on the courses: Literary Translation and American Literature of the English Translation Degree. (Universidad del Salvador, Argentina)
- Taught Medical English and Business English (Universidad del Salvador, Argentina)
- Taught the English Language course of the English Language Teaching programme at AACI, Argentina.
💡 BUSINESS ENGLISH SELF-STUDY RESOURCES
💡 HOME 💡 ESP CLASSES