- How Emotionally Intelligent Are You?
- How Good Is Your Feedback?
- How Approachable Are You? (from Mind Tools)
- The Holmes and Rahe Stress Scale (from Mind Tools)
- HOW SELF-CONFIDENT ARE YOU? (from Mind Tools)
- Are You a Positive or Negative Thinker?
- The Leadership Motivation Assessment (from Mind Tools)
- FREE PERSONALITY TEST: Which personality type are you?
- How Good Are Your Communication Skills? (from Mind Tools)
- How Creative Are You?
Thursday, July 18, 2019
How Good Are Your Listening Skills? (From MindTools)
👉Understanding Someone's Entire Message
For many of us, listening is the communication skill we use the most. Yet, many people listen poorly, and they rarely think to improve this important skill.
They get distracted by their own thoughts or by what's going on around them, and they formulate their responses before the person who they're talking to has finished speaking. Because of this, they miss crucial information.
Good listeners, on the other hand, enjoy better relationships, because they fully understand what other people are saying. Their team members are also more productive, because they feel that they can discuss problems easily, and talk through solutions.
So, how good do you think your listening skills are? Test them HERE, and then find out how you can improve.
🔺NOTE: Evaluate each statement as you actually are, rather than as you think you should be. When you've finished, click "Calculate My Total" to add up your score, and use the table that follows to think about next steps.
💡 You may also be interested in the quizzes below: